www.starbreezeforum.se

Starbreeze Official Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-22 11:01:10

Rereader
Neophyte

PC Control Prompt Bug

Hi, I bought the PC version on Origin and am having the issue where the game erroneously believes I have a 360 pad plugged in for some reason(I really don't), displaying controller keys for absolutely everything. The OS is Windows7 64x. Other than that the game runs normally but I'd much rather play it with actual proper onscreen keys. Is there a fix for that?

#2 2012-02-22 11:20:57

SBZ-QA-MANAGER
Administrator

Re: PC Control Prompt Bug

This never occurred during testing, but I would make sure that all peripherals are not plugged in, joysticks, any other gamepads etc.

Not really sure about this one as no-one else has reported this. Hope that can help though.

Some call me Laz.

#3 2012-02-22 11:23:51

Rereader
Neophyte

I just fixed it, but it was somehow a bluetooth receiver with nothing tethered to it that I had to unplug. Just for the future, please add a manual control prompts option to the control menu or something in that vein as a failsafe, I spent the whole day yesterday trying to fix this on my own until I found this place since there's no option to see the dev forum on Origin's rclick menu. :[

Last edited by Rereader (2012-02-22 11:24:36)

#4 2012-02-22 23:05:03

twiddle87
Neophyte

I had the same issue, but no bluetooth or other game controllers attached.. If anybody else encounters this and is unable to locate the underlying gadget that is causing the false detection, you can backup your Msystem.dll in the game binaries folder and make the following changes with a hex editor:

Code:

Address    Old Value New value
0015F3FC: 0F           30
0015F3FD: 9C          C0
0015F3FE: C0           90

Please note that this will disable detection of controllers altogether and should be considered a last resort - make sure you back up your file so that you can revert should you wish to attach a controller in the future.

#5 2012-02-23 12:12:46

haujobb
Neophyte

twiddle87 wrote:

Address    Old Value New value
0015F3FC: 0F           30
0015F3FD: 9C          C0
0015F3FE: C0           90

Gonna try this out tonight as soon as i get home. If this works i have to say, Twiddle87 YOU ARE THE FUCKING MAN! Thanks!

#6 2012-02-24 13:58:05

blackdaemon
Neophyte

twiddle87 wrote:

I had the same issue, but no bluetooth or other game controllers attached.. If anybody else encounters this and is unable to locate the underlying gadget that is causing the false detection, you can backup your Msystem.dll in the game binaries folder and make the following changes with a hex editor:

The offender in my case was the 3dconnexion controller.
This hex editing worked like a charm for me, thanks twiddle87!

#7 2012-02-24 15:39:58

baladeosso
Novice

I got "Logitec Momo Racing"+ "WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: CATACLYSM™ MMO GAMING MOUSE" and "STEELSERIES MERC" and i'm having trouble with controls.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

It is supossed that i can assign pedals to press "Crouch" (left pedal) and "Sprint" (right pedal) keys , use all 14 mouse buttons and my keyboard.  World of warcraf work well this way, why this game won't?

Keyboard and Pedals work fine, but not the mouse. (if you assign other keys not used to mouse buttons, i think it will work; But when I try it, the mouse assign same letters already used in game. One example is when mouse assign "F1" key to reload, when starting the campaing of the game X command is reload, but after... on door that we need to use X command, the same  key don't  recognize X command.

--------------------------

Can you put the images of Xbox controler on Keyboard mapping? Probably we would understand better how to assing keys.

Thank you,

Last edited by baladeosso (2012-02-24 16:43:54)

#8 2012-02-24 16:50:43

baladeosso
Novice

The game also don't recognise when we mouse click "Y" Defaults, "A" Change.  Only accept "B" Mouse 2/Back.
Resolution: 1920x1200 with 16:10

Last edited by baladeosso (2012-02-24 16:52:18)

#9 2012-02-24 20:44:55

twiddle87
Neophyte

Just as a note to anybody who applies my patch: if there's an update for the game it will potentially over-write the changes you've made. If an update is released and somebody with some coding knowledge wants to beat me to the punch and list a new patch for the update (if this isnt fixed), a little technical information about what the change does:

MSystem.dll has a function it exports called IsGamepadConnected. My patch simply changes this, so that instead of storing a 1 in the AL register if a gamepad is connected, or a 0 if not, it simply puts a 0 in AL every time, forcing the game to ignore any connected gamepads.

I realise this information isn't particularly useful to anybody who doesnt know assembly language, but I figure it might help a few people if an update breaks my code. smile

#10 2012-02-26 00:43:28

psaunder
Neophyte

I have this same issue too. Win7 64 pro. I do have an XBox360 controller though keep it unplugged but am still getting these prompts.
Also have a saitek evo joystock connected. I don't think unplugging every controller is a proper solution.

Will wait for proper patch as this is too confusing to play like this.

thanks

Pat.

#11 2012-02-26 14:03:11

tHeApx
Apprentice

Me too Win7 64. Also i can´t map my mouse extra buttons to the game functions my mouse is mx518. Kinda frustrating to play the singleplayer and try out what keyboard button is X and so on smile Also there´s 360 controller indicators in the menus like RB which is annoying. Hope you fix this soon Starbreeze as i aint gonna mess with dlls in this games case. But i like the game alot but finding this forum was also kinda difficult smile But i like old school games so i think having to figure out the right buttons is kinda fun in nostalgic sense.

Haven´t had these kind of problems with any other PC game, not even BF3.

Ok i got rid of this issue when i unplugged my wireless gamepad receiver from the PC.

Last edited by tHeApx (2012-02-27 09:15:45)

Mos 6581/8580 Sid

#12 2012-03-02 09:56:34

Teryboy
Neophyte

twiddle87 wrote:

Code:

Address    Old Value New value
0015F3FC: 0F           30
0015F3FD: 9C          C0
0015F3FE: C0           90

Please note that this will disable detection of controllers altogether and should be considered a last resort - make sure you back up your file so that you can revert should you wish to attach a controller in the future.

This bug is really pissing me off.
So I tried this but coudn't find the values you have uploaded. What Hex Editor did you use? I use HxD.

#13 2012-09-26 09:53:00

rondye
Grand Master

ugg nightfall boots sizes, omega speedmaster replica providing a choice of dial colors. ugg     Anyway, the timekeepers by applying the Constellation choice possess the timeless design and design that keeps in the direction of most latest trends in fashion mens fashion boots . bear paws boots  IWC aquatimer replica with time the Constellation brand has develop to be synonymous in the direction of supreme reliability in timekeeping. childrens cowboy boots  Characterized by immaculate design and design and precision, the Omega Constellation has won the hearts of many wrist watch lovers. Omega Speedmasters Go below Hammer for practically Twice Their Estimates 4 Omega Speedmaster pros timepieces made in limited edition experienced been marketed for practically twice their pre-estimated merchandising price at an unprecedented charity auction held in Berlin last week. omega seamaster replica

#14 2012-10-25 01:33:34

rondye
Grand Master

architects won the agreement to the web site, that may make up the centre position with the 2016 Olympic Game titles red bottom shoes . Found inside the Rio neighbourhood of Barra da Tijuca,    the park will probably be around the web site on the previous grand prix monitor. The venue will host the bulk on the Olympic and Paralympic athletics in a very full of 34 venues. Some eighteen on the venues are in procedure currently. "We will exhibit the ideal of Brazilian architecture inside a wonderful environment, "said Statement Hanway of Studio Aecom, christian louboutin men  which also intended the London Olympic park. christian louboutin sale  "It might be the 1st Olympics in South The united states and Rio is easily the most lovely metropolis from the planet. "We have tried out to reflect

#15 2012-10-27 01:34:00

rondye
Grand Master

obtained a staff that features two individuals who will be each faking their identification and furious with each other men ugg boots . In addition to that toddler girl boots , TONY TODD IS ON ANGEL OH MY GOD Which is SO Wonderful. We have now two demons   , a vampire, two human beings extended calf boots , ugg boots  as well as a full ton of inside conflict. Not one individual wishes the identical issue as a different, and incorporate from the outcomes with the Shroud of Rahmon, then this turns right into a catastrophe. We currently understood this would stop terribly, so this gets a subject of determining who loses their head mens dress boots , who will get bitten by Angel, and ways in which Wesley winds up in all this. Oh god. I might point out that I desire a lot more time were used on creating how the

#16 2012-12-29 07:51:03

DoCmOdGod
Neophyte

Since the doof that posted the hex edit info seems to be a runner, and since no hex editor posts the address in the format he posted, I figured I'd step in and make life a little easier for everyone.  This is super easy so If your the young padawan that fears this stuff then have no worries...it's a piece o' cake.

Download the free hex editor 4 from here http://www.hexedit.com/download.htm
once installed then simple go to your game folder and search for Msystem.dll
For my installation it was located here Syndicate\System\Win32_x86_Release
copy and paste the dll somewhere safe just as a backup precaution while you edit the original.

Right click on Msystem.dll and select "open with hexedit"
now find the line 15 F3F0, then under column 0C,OD, and OE change the values to 30,C0, and 90. save and exit.  Note that all 0's are the number zero.  Now your game should display keyboard and mouse functions instead of controllers.

Now, boycott starbreeze games cuz the simple fact is that these games were designed on pc workstations and should be ported down and not up.  Add to that the fact that they got all the money they wanted out of their xbox and ps3 kiddies, so now they just refuse to support their product.  What a joke of a company!  Heck, they can't even keep this spammer prick trying to promote his Ugg store from spamming their forums....great job starbreeze (that's sarcasm for those foreign peeps that don't get good ol colonial humor :-)

#17 2012-12-31 18:00:30

Market
Expert

DoCmOdGod wrote:

Now, boycott starbreeze games cuz the simple fact is that these games were designed on pc workstations and should be ported down and not up.  Add to that the fact that they got all the money they wanted out of their xbox and ps3 kiddies, so now they just refuse to support their product.  What a joke of a company!  Heck, they can't even keep this spammer prick trying to promote his Ugg store from spamming their forums....great job starbreeze (that's sarcasm for those foreign peeps that don't get good ol colonial humor :-)

thought I'd copy and paste my reply to your other gripe just to make sure the facts were shown... it pretty much fit this post, too, but I do apologize for just simply putting the same reply in to this as I did the other...

it wasn't the developer in this case... it was EA all the way... people at Starbreeze wanted to fix it but EA wouldn't hear of it... EA ignored most questions asked about the game, the ones they did answer were either with outright lies or misdirection...

the publisher is to blame for this one, Starbreeze had it's hands tied with the contract between the two of them...

as for the "ported crap", uh... where have you been the last 10 years?! this is the way of things, now... PC exclusive games with all content included in the original are gone... ship has sailed for far more profitable isles... the PC is an afterthought these days, it's something we all have to get used to... or find another hobby... lol

Board footer